Business plans are often drafted for entrepreneurs or business owners for the sole purpose of obtaining finance.
We however believe that a business plan is a critical planning and operational tool to ensure growth and sustainability in the business.
Many business owners are under the impression that the sole purpose of a business plan is to obtain financing. We have seen numerous businesses struggling to keep head above water. The main reason being? As soon as you ask for their business plan, they cannot even recall where they have put it or have seen it the last time. It is scary to realize that in many cases, the business owner has not even seen their business plan. All they cared about was obtaining financing.
Our process of drafting a business plan is comprehensive and we focus on the following critical success factors to ensure that the plan serves it purpose:
· We consult with the client and d an initial site visit to the planned location of the business premises
· The client is advised with regards to the feasibility of the venture and given advice on possible other ventures should the initial vision of the client not be achievable.
· The plan is drafted after comprehensive and thorough research.
· The plan is explained in detail to the client to ensure that it will meet the short, medium and long term goals of the client with regard to the business venture.
· We assist the client in obtaining finance, if required.
· Assistance is available to the client for the implementation of business startup systems and general layout of the premises
· IBS provides access to the client for business training, coaching and mentoring.
· We provide an additional site visit free of charge to measure the achievements against the business plan and give advice and guidance to either change the plan or implement strategies to achieve the planned goals.
We at IBS believe that creating a business plan makes you a silent partner in the business venture. After we have completed your business plan and you received financing, we do regular checkups to make sure that you are still following your business plan. Should there be major in discrepancies, we will gladly adapt your plan to suit your changed needs.